My Mum in law made this the other day and it was really really good, so heres the secret recipe!
- 3 medium plantain
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tomato
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- canola oil
- mustard seeds a few
- fennel seeds a few
- curry leaves 4-5
- masala powder 1 spoon
- pinch of cumin
- remove the outside skin of the plantain and cut into 1/2 inch slices set side
- heat the oil and pop the mustard seeds and fennel, add the curry leaves
- then add the onion, and garlic and saute for 5 minutes, add the tomato, and reduce the heat down to a simmer.
- add turmeric, and masala powder, salt to taste and a 1/4 cup of water add plantain and cover for 7-10 minutes.
Its great with lemon rice, or in my opinion anything, I ate some with chicken!