Here's another healthy dal recipe from Amma, mung beans are high in Protein, Thiamin, Niacin, Vitamin B6, Pantothenic Acid, Iron, Magnesium, Phosphorus and Potassium, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Riboflavin, Folate and copper - WOW
- 2 cups mung dal, soaked overnight
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoon coriander powder
- pinch of turmeric
- a few mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin seeds
- Either boil the mung dal for 15 min, with water level with the dal or pressure cook for one whistle
- heat the oil, then pop the mustard seeds , add cumin and curry leaves, then add the onions and saute for 5 min
- add the tomato and garlic and saute until it reduces down into a paste.
- then mix in the mung dal, with the curry powders and salt and simmer for 10 min
- garnish with fresh cilantro.
This is pretty easy and so so healthy and tasty, great with rice, chapatti or dosa.
I think I ate too many beans yesterday i had these, black beans and edemame, I don't recommend this many in a day, my tummy was a bit gassy!!!,
So I had veggies and pasta today LOL
Hope your having a great weekend, I went to a baby shower today and they made a birthing bead necklace, everyone had to bring a bead to add and say why they choose it and say encouraging words. It was lovely just thought I would share in case you need ideas for baby showers.