This time of year soups feature a lot on our table, the abundance of winter squash makes it easy. Soups are nourishing and comforting and perfect for cooler days. I had never roasted cauliflower, I was inspired after a recent trip to Charlottesville Virginia when we ate at a French restaurant we had a wonderful cauliflower soup and it had roasted cauliflower as a garnish.
- one cauliflower chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- one small butternut squash cut into cubes with the skin removed
- a knob of butter
- a dash of balsamic vinegar
- a sprinkle of salt and pepper
- a pinch of garam masala
- heat your oven to 400 degrees and bake the cauliflower and butternut squash with a little olive oil, balsamic vinegar and salt and pepper for about 15-20 minutes until soft. Keep a little cauliflower to one side to later use for garnish
- meanwhile saute the onion and garlic in a pan with butter, add a little garam masala until soft 5-7 minutes
- add the roasted vegetables and about 2-3 cups of vegetable broth simmer for 5 minutes then blend
- return to the stove for a few more minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste
- serve with roasted cauliflower as garnish.
I want to take a minute to tell you all how very thankful I am for you being here, your comments, interaction on social media and friendship means the world to me,