- 1/2 a pack of ground turkey the other half, hubby is making spicy Indian food he he
- 1/2 red onion
- 6 cherry tomatoes, 3 cloves of garlic
- some tomato puree
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- Italian herbs
- 1/4 finely chopped green pepper
- 7 mushrooms
- 1 beaten egg
- handful of breadcrumbs
- In a bowl, combine beaten egg with red onion, garlic, green pepper, a little mushrooms, little salt, Italian herbs, basil, turkey and bread crumbs
- heat olive oil and fry small meatballs for about 10 min then keep to one side
- fry some onion basil, herbs , mushrooms, tomatoes with a little tomato puree and water to make a nice sauce for the meat balls
- Then re add the meatballs to the sauce and cover, simmer for another 10 min
We ate this with rigatoni pasta, and snow peas and broccoli. Little Jasmine loved it eating about 2-3 meat balls by herself!, it is a great finger food for little ones.
Italian food is her favorite anything with pasta is a hit. She wasn't too keen on the Indian yesterday hopefully she will be a good girl and eat well when her Grandma from India comes next month!