I have been making chapatis a few years now and slowly they are improving, through trail and error this is what I have learnt
- Make the dough and let it sit for 1 hr
- Add yogurt to the dough to make it softer
- Use a very flat dosa pan to cook them
- Press down the sides and turn it as cooking to trap air inside to make them puff up
- Roll thinly as it puffs up better
- Try and Try again, folks from North Indian and Pakistan make these everyday, practice makes perfect.
Little Jasmine is going through a stage that she doesn't want me to feed her and she likes to throw it on the floor, also she doesn't want to be in her high chair now I understand the issues around feeding parents had as a dietitian he he!
With patience and understanding of her independence things will get better I am sure.
Please comment with your tips then they will get even better,
have a wonderful weekend all,