This Curry takes a while but all good things come to those who wait!
- One pack of cubed lamb from the Indian store
- one red onion
- curry leaves
- 3 green chilis
- ginger/garlic paste
- 4 potatoes
- masala powder
- whole masala
- chili powder
- coriander powder
- 2 small tomatoes
The paste - this step really makes the difference with this curry
- fry 2 green chili's 1/2 of the onion, curry leaves, ginger/garlic paste and whole garam masala, has coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamon, bay leaves, till golden brown
- near the end add grated coconut
- grind and set aside for later
- peel and cube potatoes and boil
- then fry the rest of the onion with ginger/garlic paste, salt, chili powder coriander powder and masala powder add the lamb and fry till a little cooked with tomatoes
- pressure cook if desired for one whistle will make it tender
- Finally add the potatoes and paste and simmer for 20 min.
It takes a long time and work, as all good Indian dishes often do but its well work it and you can eat leftovers for a couple of days!
For Jasmine I sauteed onion, in canola oil with the lamb some tomato and a little gravy then ground it, she ate hers, with cheddar mashed potatoes and green beans and broccoli and really enjoyed it, in fact I was amazed at how much she ate!
This is Jasmines Blankie she adores this, She went to the Nursery at church today and we forgot it so a lovely friend went back and brought it to her. I tried all kinds of soft toys with labels and soft scarfs but no it has to be this one LOL
What are the things or people in life that make you feel secure?
For me has to be God then my dearest hubby you know he's amazing he gave me a watch (not just any watch a Burberry one!) yesterday from him and Jasmine saying he was proud of me for trying to be a freelance writer and for taking good care of Jasmine, how sweet is that.