- 1/2 red onion
- 2 green or red chili's
- masala powder
- mustard seeds
- ginger and garlic paste
- green beans, lightly steamed
- steam green beans and finely chop as this makes the process quicker he he
- heat canola oil and pop mustard seeds, add curry leaves, this is optional and chili's saute for 4 min
- then add masala powder and salt and ginger/garlic paste to the onions, adding green beans
- saute for a further 5 minutes and its done.
It is also great with coconut in it. Green beans are in season now and I got some lovely fresh ones in my farm box yesterday interesting they are taken off the plant while the beans are still immature and are one of the few beans eaten fresh. They are packed with nutrients especially vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A and fiber.