I made this soup the other day, its a classic soup in the UK and I added leftover turkey and ham from thanksgiving, it was delicious, healthy and quick to make. Leeks are wonderful and so under used.
- 2 big leeks
- 3 potatoes, chopped into very thin slices, I also used a sweet potato
- 4 cloves of garlic
- one liter of vegetable or chicken stock
- Italian herbs
- left over meat of choice- optional
- saute leeks and garlic for 3 minutes in olive oil
- then add the sliced potato and some Italian herbs
- add the stock, and simmer for 20 minutes
- Its that simple and yummy
The chopped ingredients
saute the leeks in olive oil and garlic
here's your bowl!
Also I have been trying to persuade my local Indian grocery store to let me write their blog since the summer, finally he agreed, I am also going to do a facebook fan page and twitter page for them.
I am trying to make my way as a freelance writer and food blogger, to stay home and have fun writing.
I have learned most jobs won't come to to you, go out and hunt them down, pitch idea's to local companies and be confident in your ability.
A year ago I wouldn't have dreamed I could do this, blogging teaches us so much.
So for all you budding writers out there you can do it, and NEVER NEVER NEVER GIVE UP as Winston Churchill said, email me for support!
I am not making heaps right now, but slowly it will built ☺
I love you all thanks for reading, and supporting me, if you need any tips from what I have learnt email or comment anytime