Chow and Chatter turns one tomorrow, what an amazing journey it has been my blog started in December last year when staying home with Jasmine as I thought it would be fun to write, cook and share health tips.
Then one fine day the darling Sweta of Bonne Nutrition left a comment on one of my posts. I was amazed someone had actually read my blog, she introduced me to so many new blogs, then I joined foodbuzz and meet so many more great bloggers.
Chow and Chatter is an ever evolving part of me!, I have changed the name the look and even got the domain. The blog inspired me to write, I have quite a few clips now and even blog for a few companies. In fact I just started blogging for my local Indian store and also do a twitter account and facebook fanpage!
Amazingly I was interviewed for a freelance writing website today, I used to see writers on here and be in awe its amazing to be one of them!
I can hardly believe how blogging has changed my life, I have meet some amazing bloggers around the world and am sure to meet many more, making lasting friendships along the way.
I made these Madeleine's to celebrate with a hint of cocoa and coconut, they turned out wonderfully, so go ahead and have one with me!
- 2 eggs
- 75g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 90g flour (about a cup)
- 3g of baking soda
- grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 90g melted butter, still liquid but cold
- one spoon of runny honey
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- tablespoon cocoa
- tablespoon shredded coconut
- melt the butter and keep it to one side
- whip the eggs with sugar and salt then slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder, lemon and vanilla essence.
- Mix until smooth then add the melted butter and honey and leave to chill for 30 minutes
- bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
From the bottom of my heart I want to thank you all for following along with me on this journey and for all your comments, I love you all, and enjoy reading your posts and getting inspired to be a better cook and person.
Love and Hugs