I got some minced beef/hamburger meat from the store the other day and wondered what to make with it the only things I make are spaghetti bolognese or picadillo (thats a new addition!) I love the use of cumin in Cuban and Columbian meats. So I headed over to Erica's blog My Columbian Recipes I am a big fan and found a recipe for a Columbian meatloaf.
It looked fabulous, I made a few changes and cooked it in a covered casserole dish with a can of tomatoes to make a sauce. But this is for you Erica.
Also this was my first time making a meatloaf!, I ate it with the mac and cheese I made last week, great combo and very American (smiles!).
You will love this!
- one pack of lean beef
- 1/2 red onion
- one tablespoon cumin powder
- one tablespoon dried parsley
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 boiled eggs
- one beaten egg
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 green pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- A little Italian herbs
- one teaspoon of mustard
- Mix the beef with the herbs, beaten egg, salt and pepper, bread crumbs and then roll out over some cling wrap
- place the sliced boiled eggs and green pepper in the middle then roll up the sides to cover with the eggs inside
- gently remove the plastic wrap and place in a casserole dish with a can of tomato
- bake for 30-45 minutes at 350 degree's.