I made mung dal today and a very quick and easy dish with tuna and potatoes. I have been working hard to write all the blog posts for the seafood blog, as we are going to the UK next monday!!
We are going to visit family and take Jasmine to her first bonfire night/Guy Fawkes Night, it happens every November 5th in the UK there is a big bonfire and fireworks, its great. It is to celebrate the failed attempt of Guy Fawkes and others at blowing up the houses of parliment.
We used to always say remember remember the 5th of Nov here is an old rhyme
Will share pictures on the blog. We are then going to France for a week, can't wait, I will try and blog along the way sharing family fun and recipes and good eats.
- one can of tuna
- 3 small chopped and boiled potatoes
- a little chopped fresh cilantro
- salt to taste
- fish fry masala
- 1/2 red onion
- ginger/garlic paste
- a pinch of turmeric
- cumin powder
- 1/4 of a green pepper
- a few curry leaves
- Heat the oil and saute the onion, curry leaves, ginger/garlic paste and green peppers for 3 minutes
- then add a pinch of turmeric, cumin, salt, and fish fry masala and the cooked potatoes and stir fry for a few minutes
- add the tuna and stir fry another couple of minutes and its done.
Good news a recent lab study has shown that curcumin found in turmeric was able to kill cancer cells! Heres the link http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8328377.stm
Has anyone else been to Bonfire night?