So I made mung yesterday simple and very nutritious I used Amma's recipe with a couple of my additions its great to be having home cooked food again.
- 2 cups mung dal, soaked overnight
- 1 small onion, chopped
- a squirt of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated coconut
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 teaspoon coriander powder
- pinch of turmeric
- a few mustard seeds, curry leaves and cumin seeds
- Either boil the mung dal for 15 min, with water level with the dal or pressure cook for one whistle
- heat the oil, then pop the mustard seeds , add cumin and curry leaves, then add the onions and saute for 5 min
- add the tomato and garlic and saute until it reduces down into a paste.
- then mix in the mung dal, with the curry powders and salt and simmer for 10 min, add the coconut and lemon juice.
- garnish with fresh cilantro.
When you return from a trip what is the first meal you like to cook?
Have a lovely saturday everyone