This is a guest post from Jean a Wine Enthusiast searching for great wine, food and entertainment in the Piedmont Triad of NC. She Love's experimenting with food and wine pairing.
She tweeted that she had made this Bisque it sounded wonderful, so she kindly emailed the recipe with a picture for us all to enjoy.
For more about Jean and NC wine visit - http://www.ncvine.com
- 4 Cups Chopped Sweep Potatoes
- 3 Cups Chopped Butternut Squash
- 2 Cups Carrots
- Chicken Stock or Broth
- 1 Medium Onion
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- 2 Teaspoons Whole Allspice
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- Shot of Amaretto
- Chop the onion and crush the garlic. Brown in 2 tablespoons butter until onion is clear.
- Add all the vegetables and the chicken stock. Bring to a soft boil.
- Crush the allspice and add to the mixture. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the vegetables have softened, use an and blend everything until smooth.
- Add a shot of Amaretto and continue to cook on low for another 15-20 minutes.
Pair this with a semi-dry white wine. I chose RayLen Vineyards Yadkin Gold, a blend of Chardonnay, Viognier, , and Riesling.
Serve and enjoy.