Lets start 2010 with a nice healthy recipe, a wonderfully simple and flavorful soup. I hope you all had a wonderful new years eve. We stayed home my friend came over with her baby and I made my first Beef Bourguignon! recipe to follow. It was wonderful my hubby even licked his plate (but he didn't want me to say that so mums the word)!
In 2010, I want to continue blogging and learning new recipes with your support, amazing comments, food blogs and tips I can cook anything, well almost!
I even joined Michelle's (Big Black Dog) bread making group yesterday I am a bit nervous but until I step out of my comfort zone I will never learn right!
- 4 big carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1.2 l vegetable stock
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- fresh coriander/cilantro
- one cup small red lentils
- 1/2 head of cauliflower
- 2 sticks of celery chopped
- heat oil and add onions and carrots, celery and cauliflower then add spices
- add broth and lentils and simmer for 30-45 min until very soft
- use a hand blender to make into a puree
- then add fresh chopped fresh cilantro
Love and Hugs, may 2010 be filled with fun, laughter and adventure in the kitchen!
I am sending this over to Deb at Souper Sundays