I love this meal, either over polenta or with pasta, its really easy and yummy, I even had the leftovers with homemade bread oh that was divine, great to mop up the sauce!
First get a good quality Italian sausage from a butcher, I got mine from The Fresh Market.
- 3 big sweet Italian sausages - I used sweet or spicy are also good.
- 2 leeks chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- Italian herbs
- some frozen peas and snap peas, or any veg in the fridge!
- one celery chopped
- 1/2 eggplant chopped
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- saute the leeks, onion, garlic, celery for 3 minutes then add the sliced sausage and stir well.
- add the herbs, eggplant, tomato and peas and simmer for 20-25 minutes until cooked and the tomatoes have reduced down into a lovely sauce.
- add the snap peas for a few minutes and serve over any desired pasta.
Stay tuned tomorrow I found an Icelandic blogger and he is sharing an Icelandic dessert recipe!