I was reading the lovely Ancoo's blog the other day Anncoo's Hobby and she had a lovely soup recipe with pork meatballs and noodles. I had beef in my fridge and soba noodles so here is what I came up with. This was really delicious and with the added vegetables a healthy and complete meal.
Ingredients for the meatballs:
- one pack of lean hamburger meat (all natural)
- dash of sesame oil
- salt to taste
- teaspoon of sugar
- one big spoon of oyster sauce
- one big spoon soy sauce
- chopped cilantro/coriander
- one beaten egg
- ginger/garlic paste
- mix all the above ingredients together and put in the fridge for 20 minutes
Ingredients for Soup:
- one package of beef stock
- one tablespoon of fish sauce
- one large carrot cut into slices
- one celery stalk chopped
- 2 shallots chopped
- 1/2 pack of mushrooms chopped
- add all the above ingredients to a big wok and bring to the boil
- then add the meatballs and simmer for 20 minutes
- meanwhile cook for soba noodles for 3 minutes
- then add to the pot and serve!
Little Jasmine loved this!
Also I wanted to tell you about a new writing gig, I am going to be a weekly columnist for MomActive.com this is a great site with some talented writers, be sure to check it out, they also have online TV shows and a blog talk radio. So in the near future please turn in to chat with me!
Whats your favorite way of cooking Soba Noodles?
Have a great weekend all