This is another simple, lean and tasty Indian dish, my hubby normally makes it, but he was working nights so he told me what to do, and liked the outcome!
and Scott from Fight the fat foodie gave me this award, thanks so so much. He has a great blog and has lost weight and keeping it of the right way, with a healthy lifestyle and tasty eats, check out his blog.
- one park of Organic Turkey
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 green chilis' chopped
- ginger/garlic paste
- mustard seeds, coriander seeds and a few cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- curry leaves
- 3 small cooked potatoes (I boil separately and then add them)
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- one spoon garam masala
- and one homemade masala (from India!) or any other multi purpose masala powder.
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- pop the mustard seeds in hot canola oil, add the curry leaves green chili, coriander seeds and cumin for 2 minutes
- add the onion, ginger/garlic paste and turkey and brown for 8 minutes
- then add tomatoes, turmeric and masala powders, salt to taste, cooked potatoes and peas and simmer slowly for 20 minutes.
We ate this with rice and broccoli, very tasty Jasmine had her own version with less spice, she's still not so keen on spicy foods her Indian genes are not kicked it he he .
We are going to Saint Maartin for 3 days this week, can't wait to try the food in the area, 1/2 of the Island is French and 1/2 Dutch. Will take pictures, in fact we are rented a cottage from a French couple and she told me she is going to teach me how to make chocolate mousse I can't believe I have made another foodie friend before even arriving!!
Has anyone been there? any tips?
Love to you all