So we arrived at my dear sis in laws house after an exhausting flight and drive, and she made this lovely coconut cod curry, heres the recipe!
- olive oil
- 2 pinch of cumin seeds
- 3 dried red chilis
- 6 tomatoes
- Cod or any white fish cut into chunks
- on teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 spoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- pinch of turmeric
- fresh cilantro
- 1/2 can coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- add tomatoes to hot water for one minute then peel the skin
- cut the tomato into small pieces
- heat the oil and add cumin seeds, dried red chili for a minute
- then add tomato and saute for 5 minutes let it reduce down into a paste
- then add the fish chunks and spices along with the lemon juice and simmer for 10- 12 minutes, then add the coconut milk and simmer another 5 minutes
- garnish with fresh cilantro over rice
It also lends very well to being a tomato bisque minus the coconut milk with a crusty bread.
Seeing my Grand parents tomorrow can't wait !!