Notice I used the word attempt to make macaron's since coming back from France I am craving all things French, I also made Madeleine's today much more successful, recipe to follow.
So I didn't have any almond paste or a piper to get them in a lovely shape, so in essence I made little meringues with nutella inside!
I must say very tasty all the same, I also sprinkled some lemon moravian cookies on the top for a local twist.
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon of cocoa
- whisk the egg whites until fluffy and stiff then add in the cocoa and sugar
- add little dollops onto the parchment paper and sprinkle the cookies on top
- allow them to sit for 30 minutes to an hour, per Jamie of life's a feast she is the best Mac maker!
- bake in the oven at 280 degrees for 20- 30 minutes
- let them cool them stuff with nutella
The finished product not so pretty as some ingredients were omitted and I didn't pipe them, next time I will be more precise he he, I know I need to be as a baker!
I also want to thank Anncoo of Anncoo's hobby and Kristy of My Little Space for the appreciation award, I wish to pass this along to all of you as well. I so appreciate your support readership and comments, they make my day. I also adore reading all of your blogs.