Here's a sweet start to the week!
Oh I have been on a craze of French goodies since coming back, I made Madeleine's the other day and they actually turned out pretty good for me, better than the macarons!
A while back I saw that Dajana of Baker's Corner Somewhere in my Kitchen had brought a Madeleine pan and made them. So when I saw a silicon pan in France I just had to get it, it even had a recipe card inside.
- 2 eggs
- 75g sugar
- pinch of salt
- 90g flour (about a cup)
- 3g of baking soda, it says yeast but Jamie from Life's a Feast said no it says baking soda in French!
- grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
- 90g melted butter, still liquid but cold
- one spoon of runny honey
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- melt the butter and keep it to one side
- whip the eggs with sugar and salt then slowly add the sifted flour and baking powder, lemon and vanilla essence.
- Mix until smooth then add the melted butter and honey and leave to chill for 30 minutes
- bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees.
Mix it up!
Put in Fridge and chill for 30 minutes
Fresh out of the oven
Here they are, a tad sticky but a great first attempt
Feel free to help yourself!