Today I ended up making Vegetable Korma, it was my first time making it and I used Amma's recipe from my blog archive from when she was here. It was easy to make and delicious hope you like it
- fennel seeds
- 3 cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- garlic/ginger paste
- 1 big tomato
- coconut either frozen or the milk
- masala powder
- heat the oil and add fennel, cloves, cinnamon, onion and curry leaves- 3 min
- add ginger/garlic paste
- then add tomato and reduce down for 3 minutes
- add lots of vegetables chopped into small pieces, Amma says the more colorful the better
- add a cup of water and masala powder to taste and salt cover and simmer for 10 min
- add coconut with a little garam masala
Fry the onions and spices with the garlic then add the tomato and reduce down to a paste
add loads of chopped veggies, add water and masala powder and simmer slowly
The finished product
This was breakfast with a lovely fig Jam we brought back from Paris yummy
I also want to mention that I have added a new feature to the site on recipe posts there is a little icon share it, or save it. This directs you to springpad, a site where you can store all of your favorite recipes. I thought this was such a neat idea how often do we see recipes and bookmark them so now we can create our very own online cook book.
is a free online personal organizer that helps people get things done. From food and entertainment to parenting and managing the day-to-day, springpad makes it easy for you to collect, use and share content from bloggers, brands and trusted friends to help organize your life. To date, the springpad community of hundreds of food bloggers and thousands of members have already collected and shared more than 50,000 recipes and created more than 15,000 weekly meal plans.
What is your favorite food item you have brought back from a trip lately?