So the other day I was reading Erica's blog, My Columbian Recipes and her chicken recipe caught my eye, as everything does on there! , it called for fresh cilantro and thyme I didn't have either. So I added coriander/cilantro powder and curry leaves, also masala powder and came up with this, it is really good.
- 3 chicken legs or thighs
- 1/2 red onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- one teaspoon salt or less
- 10 curry leaves
- one spoon garam masala
- one spoon Amma's masala powder
- one spoon cumin powder
- a little lemon juice
- one spoon vinegar
- blend all of the above ingredients together minus the chicken
- then mix with the chicken and marinate for a few hours, Erica did it overnight I bet this is better but I was hungry!
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes at 300 degree's
I ate it with back beans and rice and veggies
Go on give it a shot got to love fusion food!
What creative dishes have you come up with lately?