Sunday, May 10, 2009
So I made Vietnamese Tamarind Fish Soup today with the ingredients from the Vietnamese store, it was delicious.
Ingredients: 4 cloves of garlic, 1 liter fish stock, 4 ladies fingers, 300g pineapple, 75g yam- I used sweet potato, 25g beansprouts, 50g Tamarind pulp, 3 tablespoon fish sauce, chili oil to taste 1 pack vermicelli 1 tablespoon sugar and salt.
1. Heat with oil (canola) and fry the garlic then remove to be used later as garnish
2. fry the fish (sea bass) in the oil, I got this frozen from the store, for 5 min
3. Add the okra, a few green beans, , pineapple, sweet potato, and I also added vermicelli
4. Add Tamarind pulp, fish sauce, sugar and salt, chili oil
5. Simmer for 20 min
6. Garnish with chili flakes, and the garlic
Enjoy, its a quick and easy meal and very healthy you can load it up with veggies and needs minimal oil
Much love Rebecca
Posted by Rebecca Subbiah at 1:24 PM