I ended up making this zucchini biscotti recently after my zucchini bread was looking more like a cookie, I tweeted and added to facebook and someone suggested biscotti. Genius idea so I sliced it up and popped it back into the oven and voila biscotti was born. I will provide recipe below but can't guarantee my fluke will work again :-)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup canola oil or olive oil
- 1 cups light brown sugar or white
- 1 cup freshly grated zucchini, drained on a paper towel, I learned to use a few sheets of paper towel and drain well
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees, line a small loaf pan with baking paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Beat together the eggs, oil and sugar and add dry ingredients (this is when I noticed the dough get very thick, the dry should have been lightly mixed in)
- mix in zucchini
- bake for one hr then allow to cool
- slice into 2 inch slices and bake again for 5-10 minutes
Have you had any baking fails that have turned into success stories?