I recently saw a recipe on Yummy Chunklet a another great food blog for roasted chick peas and loved it in fact its quite popular in the food blogging world at present. Since I have been not cooking a lot of Indian food lately. I figured this would be an easy way to make a spicy snack for hubby. I roasted 1/2 spicy and 1/2 with just sea salt and cumin. This is a great recipe the only tricky part is taking the skins of the chick peas.
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Generous sprinkling of cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. cumin
- about 1/4 cup of freshly chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, dry chick peas with a paper towel and remove the skins.
- Add chick peas to a big baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil roast for 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and shake the chickpeas, and roast for another 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Finally take the chick peas out of the oven and mix in the salt, cilantro, cumin and cayenne pepper, an Indian masala powder would also work well
- roast another few minutes and they are done
The day I made this hubby came home from work and eat all of them in one sitting and happily said it was great to eat something spicy, I plan to make some more for him this week :-)
Has anyone else made this before?