There's a restaurant here in town 4th Street filling station with an awesome key lime cake. Love the fresh summery flavor key limes add. So I made these cupcakes, easy to make and so happy to report a baking success no green color from food dyes for me though.
- about 6 key limes
- 2 small eggs
- 4oz sugar
- 4oz self raising baking flour
- 4oz butter
- zest of 2 key limes and about a lime's worth of rind, save one key limes rind for icing
- about 2 tablespoon of butter
- 4 tablespoon of icing sugar enough to make butter icing to taste - desired sweetness
- cream butter and sugar
- add eggs, flour, key juice and a little rind
- bake at 350 for 15 minutes until a knife comes out clean
- for the butter icing, mix butter with icing sugar and the rind of one lime
- let cupcakes cool then pipe the butter icing on the top. I used a plastic bag, he he maybe I will invest in a proper icing one soon :-)
loved these cupcakes :-), hope you get to try them
Anyone else got any key lime cake recipes to share?