This is a simple Indian cabbage side dish, a great way to add some pizazz to your cabbage. Cabbage is a wonderful source of fiber, vitamin C, vitamin A and folate.
- 1/4 of any desired chopped cabbage
- salt to taste
- a few frozen peas
- a pinch of turmeric
- 1-2 red chili
- a pinch of mustard seeds
- a pinch of cumin seeds
- 1/2 an onion chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic chopped
- a pinch of masala powder
- heat some canola oil in a pan and pop the mustard seeds, add the cumin and chili then the onion and garlic and saute for 4-5 minutes
- then add the cabbage cover with a lid for 7 -10 minutes it will steam in its own juices
- check periodly and add water if needed
- add the turmeric and masala powder, salt to taste and and peas and continue to cook for another 5 minutes until the cabbage is soft.
I made two versions of this dish one with spice and one without for Jasmine she still doesn't like spicy food, I so wish she did as sometimes its exhausting cooking two meals, when you have an Indian Hubby they have to have spice :-)
What is your favorite way to cook cabbage?
and enjoy the weekend ;-)