So our little one loves Zucchini bread and often has a slice with a glass of milk as an evening snack. I was thinking its high time I learnt how to make it so I posted a question on the facebook page and the sweet Lisa of bread wine and cheese sent me a recipe. I halved it to make just one loaf, but I think I didn't get enough moisture out of the zucchini and maybe I added a little too much blame the dietitian in me. It was decent but I am sure yours will be better here's the recipe, for you to get it perfect :-)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 2 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsps vanilla, optional
- 2 cups freshly grated zucchini, drained on a paper towel
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Beat together the eggs, oil, brown sugar and optional vanilla in another bowl and add to dry ingredients. Blend well.
- Fold in the zucchini and optional nuts. Divide the batter between the loaf pans. Bake for 1 hour. Cool the pans for 10 min before you turn out loaves.
- Note: If your zucchini seems extra damp, toss it through the dry ingredients before adding the liquid. This keeps it from settling to the bottom of the loaves as they bake.
So tonight I tried again this time, I didn't fold in the zucchini I think I over blended it in the mixture it made a thick dough and I put on facebook and tweeted @FoodGossip suggested biscotti so I sliced it and baked another 5 minutes and my mistake turned into something yummy
Oh the joy's of baking so pleased I don't do it as a living wouldn't make a profit he he he