I learnt this easy to make and full of flavor Thai dish from the lovely Kimberly when she did a guest post for me a week ago, its basically the same recipe, not as pretty as hers :-) the only changes I made was to add a little lemongrass and plum sauce (I didn't have sweet soy) we all enjoyed this and it was my first time cooking with minced pork.
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- one pack of minced pork
- about 15 chopped green beans
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- one tablespoon plum sauce
- a little ground lemon grass
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon basil flakes
1. saute oil with garlic and onion for 3 minutes add the pork and brown
2. Add beans, chili paste, fish sauce, plum sauce, lemongrass soy sauce and cook until pork is cooked through 7- 10 min
3. Season to taste with sugar, fish sauce, soy sauces and freshly ground pepper, remove from heat, stir through basil.
Kimberly served with a fried egg on the side and had the most beautiful picture that was top 9 on foodbuzz none the less :-)
Thanks again for teaching me a new recipe this is the joy of food blogging, hope you don't mind me adding to blog, I wanted to honor you and show that I made it - Rebecca
We are of to NYC tomorrow for 2 days, taking Jasmine to see the lights and the big Christmas tree, EAT and so excited to be meeting blogging buddies and dietitian friends.
Here are a few memories of being there this time last year when I went to celebrate my 30th with friends and my brother flew over from London. Jasmine was crawling then this time she is running!
At a Japanese restaurant with Christine from Fresh local and best, will be meeting her again and some other blogging buddies how exciting!
Jasmine and my shoes, I remember taking this snap as she was napping and being so thankful for the darling little girl we have- she is walking this time and in hard soled shoes - amazing
Jasmine and me after having dim sum in China town with Christo and his wife :-) that's where we will go for Lunch tomorrow!
Here's to creating new and exciting memories with great food and friends :-)
What are some of your favorite photos from the last year ?