It is with great pleasure to introduce you to Kimberly from Kimbas Kitchen, she is such a sweetie an amazing cook and shares my love of cooking recipes from around the globe. You will enjoy her blog, great photos and lovely personality. Her guest post rocks, easy to make and super tasty. I am on the hunt for minced pork now to make this next week!
Hi everyone! My name’s Kimberly Peterson (you can call me Kim) from www.kimbaskitchen.com. I am a Malaysian but have been living in Melbourne, Australia for 5 years now and married to an Australian (we are coming up to our 3rd wedding anniversary in December).
I have only been food blogger since April this year, so I guess I am fairly new. So when Rebecca casually mentioned in one of her comments on my blog “let me know if you ever want to guest post on chow and chatter” I have to admit, I jumped at the opportunity! LOL it took me less than 24 hours to say YES to Rebecca and here I am now writing this entry on the same day, hehe. I am honored! I see Rebecca as a “Celebrity Food Blogger” and being featured on her blog would hopefully boost my humble blog ☺
When thinking about what I was going to post on Chow and Chatter, I thought I’d stay true to my style of cooking and feature something relatively simple for a weeknight dish (my favorite category) with some Asian influence. I ended up choosing a Thai dish because 1) I love the flavors of this dish 2) IT IS DELICIOUS! 3) I like fried eggs, hehe. Enjoy!
PORK PAD KRA PAO WITH FRIED EGG
This recipe is slightly modified from the October 2010 issue of Australian Gourmet Traveller.
- 90ml olive oil
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 400g coarsely minced pork
- 100g green beans, cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp sambal oelek (chilli paste)
- 70ml fish sauce, or to taste
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tbsp sweet soy sauce, or to taste
- 1 tsp caster sugar, or to taste
- 1 tsp basil flakes
- 4 eggs
- To serve: Steamed jasmine rice and thinly sliced long red chilli
- Heat 60ml oil in a wok or deep-sided frying pan over high heat. Add garlic and pork, stir-fry until beginning to brown (2-3 minutes).
- Add beans, red onion and chilli paste, stir-fry until fragrant (1-2 minutes), add fish sauce and soy sauces and cook until pork is cooked through and liquid is reduced by half (3-4 minutes).
- Season to taste with sugar, fish sauce, soy sauces and freshly ground pepper, remove from heat, stir through basil.
- Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat, crack two eggs into pan and cook until egg white starts to brown around edges (1 minute), cover, cook until yolk is cooked to your liking (1-2 minutes for soft yolks), transfer to a plate.
- Repeat with remaining oil and eggs.
Serve pork mixture and steamed rice in bowls, topped with a fried egg and thinly sliced chilli, with extra fish sauce to taste.