This is a super easy healthy recipe rich in fiber and protein from the beans and the brown rice, do you know a recent study found that folks who ate more brown rice than white had a lower risk of diabetes
I know I need to eat more of it!
- one cup of brown rice
- one packet of Goya Chicken Bouillon
- one can of drained and rinsed black beans
- 1/2 a red onion chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 1/2 a green pepper chopped
- 1/2 a chopped tomato
- heat a little olive oil and saute the onion and garlic for 5 minutes
- then add the green pepper and tomato
- after a few minutes add the uncooked rice and stir, then add the beans, and 2 1/2 cups of chicken stock, cover the pan and simmer until the rice is cooked about 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy its great with egg!
Has anyone got any other recipes with brown rice to share?