This is a wonderfully simple way to serve mahi mahi, I marinated in Peri Peri (an African spice blend) and served over cous cous with mixed vegetables. Also I just wanted to say Peri Peri Mahi Mahi!
Peri Peri is a popular South African seasoning in fact there is a restaurant chain in the UK called nandos that marinates chicken in it and grills it very tasty. Today is a perfect day to feature the recipe as my guest on Chow and Chatter Blog Talk radio Maye Musk is from South Africa and has the coolest accent!
- 2 pieces of mahi mahi
- about 3 tablespoons of Peri Peri,
- olive oil
- a little lemon juice
- a pack of cous cous
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- mix the Peri Peri with olive oil and marinate the fish in it for 2 hours, be careful gets very spicy if you use a lot!
- then pan saute the fish about 5-7 minutes on each side
- get water boiling and add vegetables, then add cous cous and let it sit till soft
- drizzle lemon juice over fish and serve
A great and easy meal for busy evenings, that packs a punch.
Has anyone else got any good Peri Peri recipes (I know Doc from whats cookin with Doc makes his own blend :-)
Also be sure to tune into today's show- I am interviewing the most talented Maye Musk, a Registered dietitian, Model and superstar! I still feel super honored that she said yes to coming on little Rebecca's show the call in number is - (914) 338-1103, for questions