This is a South Indian classic, I posted a version a while back with boiled eggs added, but this is the village method and my favorite poaching the eggs in the curry. I made this for hubby the other day as his Mum had left and I felt bad that he needed spicy foods. Our daughter still isn't convinced by spice yet!
- Any desired amount of eggs to poach in the curry, so they fit in the pan
- 1/2 onion,
- 3 green chilies
- a few curry leaves
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- a pinch of mustard seeds
- one tablespoon masala powder
- a little frozen coconut
- salt to taste
- pinch of chili powder
- 2 big tomatoes chopped
1. heat canola oil pop mustard seeds, add curry leaves and green chili, and onion then saute for 5 minutes
2. after a little while add masala powder and red chili powder and salt and diced tomatoes, then turn it down to a low heat and simmer for 15 min, then mix in the coconut
3. after you have a lovely rich sauce simply break the eggs into it cover with a lid and poach for a few minutes and enjoy!
Also be sure to tune into tomorrows show with Cherie a published Author and professional blogger we will be talking about writing, how to create a brand, tips for blogging and more, if you have any questions feel free to call in - Call-in Number: (914) 338-1103