I got this wonderful pasta in Earth Fare, its the coolest shape, literally translated its called cockscomb like the red fleshy crest on Chickens heads.
I made this for my friend and her little girl, she kindly comes over most Wednesdays to watch Jasmine as I do the blog talk radio show I cook for us all and then we all enjoy a meal together. Its fun and I adore watching her little girl enjoy Auntie Rebecca's cooking.
- one pack of lean beef
- 3 small chopped carrots
- 5 chopped tomatoes
- one small red onion chopped
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon of Italian herbs
- 8 chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- salt to taste
- heat some olive oil and saute the onions, garlic and beef for 10 minutes to brown.
- then add the mushrooms, carrots herbs and tomatoes
- cover and simmer on a low heat for 30 minutes
- cook the pasta till al dente and serve with a salad.
Have a lovely weekend Everyone