I was in Whole foods the other day and spotted these adorable looking mushrooms and had to try them, I go to too many grocery stores and get tempted! My friend said would be good in soup, what a great idea, along with zucchini from a another friends garden it made a perfect mid afternoon snack.
These little baby mushrooms are a good source of Iron and Copper, and a very good source of Dietary Fiber, Thiamin, Riboflavin, Niacin, Folate, Pantothenic Acid, Phosphorus and Potassium. Cute little nutritional power houses!
- 1/2 a pack of enoki mushrooms,
- 1/2 a big zucchini sliced thinly
- one small pack of white miso soup mix, this was a tad lazy on my part, as I didn't want to make the dashi and couldn't find the soybean paste
- one pack of soup noodles
- heat the soup with water and boil the zucchini with the mushrooms for 4 minutes
- add the noodles boil for another few minutes and its done a light and super healthy mid afternoon snack better than a cookie :-)