I adore this recipe, simple to make and loaded with flavors of summer. You first roast the eggplant with garlic in the oven to produce a lovely smokey flavor then mix with goats cheese, vegetables and pasta.
- one cup of fusili or any pasta cooked till al dente
- one medium sized eggplant thinly sliced
- 4 cloves of chopped garlic
- 8 chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 a cup of petite frozen peas
- about 2 tablespoons of goats cheese/chevres
- about a teaspoon of Italian herbs
- heat the oven to about 400 degrees and roast thinly sliced eggplant with garlic a drizzle of olive oil, salt and pepper for about 20 minutes, until soft.
- then heat a little olive oil, add the peas, cherry tomatoes and saute on medium heat for 3 minutes with the herbs
- mix in the eggplant for 2 minutes, then add the cooked pasta and goats cheese
- serve and enjoy
We went to take Patti (Tamil for Grandma) back to the airport this evening and the flight to DC was cancelled meaning she wouldn't make the connection. So we drove back to the airport and she gained a bonus day with Jasmine. Its funny the exact same thing happened with my Mum and Dad when they were here and hence the term bonus day was invented.
I am eagerly adding my favorite recipes to the blog, to get them into the iPhone app. I also asked the developer to be able to add more in 6 months, so it will be a cookbook that will never go out of date!
If you were adding a recipe to an app or cookbook, which I am confident you will be one day if you haven't already what are your favorites to share? Oh and if you have a book feel free to share the link!
Oh and be sure to check out tomorrows Radio Show at 5 pm for a fun Chat with Pete a third generation citrus grower for all things citrus, food and travel!
Listen to Chow And Chatter