Here's a great recipe for lamb curry I pretty much make it the same way each time as its a winner, this time I added spinach it was so good, not sure why I hadn't done this before. In fact I was recently featured in ADA Times now Food and Nutrition Magazine see page 17 on lamb and my recipe is there for a Moroccan inspired Lamb dish.
- 3 lamb shanks or chops - chopped, I just got the one which was cheapest in whole foods with bones in it and had the butcher chop it for me.
- one red onion, chopped
- 3 green chilis
- ginger/garlic paste one teaspoon
- masala powder about 1 tablespoons or to taste
- whole masala with cloves, cumin seeds, pepper corn etc (unground)
- salt to taste
- chili powder to taste
- coriander powder one teaspoon
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/4 cup frozen grated coconut
- one small bunch of spinach
- 1/4 cup water
- fry 2 green chili’s 1/2 of the onion, curry leaves, ginger/garlic paste and whole garam masala- add coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cardamon, bay leaves, till golden brown
- near the end add grated coconut
- grind and set aside for later
- fry the rest of the onion with ginger/garlic paste, salt, chili powder coriander powder and masala powder add the lamb and fry till a little cooked with tomatoes
- pressure cook if desired for one whistle will make it tender
- then slowly add the spinach little by little letting it reduce down.
- add the paste from step one and allow it to simmer for 30 minutes, add water to thin a little if needed
I served this with chapatti - lovely.
In other news I was thrilled to be mentioned in this post on The Food Network - The Healthiest Social Pages :-) super excited.
Hope your all having a wonderful week :-)