March 14th is National Registered Dietitians day, a time to celebrate my wonderful profession.
The clip above explains why we are the nutrition experts from The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics formerly The American Dietetic Association. Dietitians, work in hospitals, dialysis centers, nursing homes, home health, doctors offices, local gyms, the media. They are cookbook authors with many being qualified chefs too, pioneers in food and culinary nutrition, TV stars, social media practitioners and bloggers like me and more the possibilities are endless.
- @DavidGrotto - Author TV star and cool guy
- @KeriGans - TV star, author and lovely to tweet with
- @EmmaStirling - Australia's nutrition star love her
- @AzminaNutrition _ UK's star dietitian
- @ElisaZied - TV star, author and lovely person
- @Nutrinerd - amazing nutrition tip tweets
- @thespicyRD - blogger and amazing cook
- @LeahMcgrathRD- star on social media and supermarket dietitian
- @Nadinekf - an amazing app developer and web designer did Go Social with me
- @TobyAmidor - Food networks expert
- @cherries_r_yum Australian foodie RD living and doing PHD in London
- @Dietitianonline - Dr Sandra - nutrition expert, Journalist lovely lady
Just a few but if you want to see more see #rdchat its a hash tag we use to chat with each other and share great health and nutrition tips.
Finally I want to spotlight two amazing dietitians and I am privileged to work with Amanda Archibald from Field to Plate, she conducts first class food and culinary workshops around the country and Azmina Govindji a star dietitian, author and media expert in the UK.
Here's Azmina below she's amazing and love her Scottish accent :-)
So if you see or know a dietitian give them a hug tomorrow and say thanks :-)