I love rice pudding its a great British comfort to me. I made this one a day Jasmine was sick as all I needed to do was add the rice, chopped dates, sugar and milk and bake and voila a tasty treat. I love using dates in desserts. You may remember my date shake recently :-)
- one cup of arborio rice, the same type you use to make risotto
- 2 cups of milk, and you may need to add a little more along the way as needed and to reach your desired consistency.
- 4 chopped dates
- about 2 tablespoon of sugar
- add the rice, milk, dates and sugar to an oven proof dish and bake at 300 for one hour
- check from time to time and add extra milk if it gets dry.
- it will also be great with nutmeg added or cardamon.
Hope your all having a good week, I had a wonderful evening celebrating National Nutrition Month with fellow dietitians in Winston Salem, we sipped wine and had a fun nutrition related quiz I even tweeted some of the questions and got some responses :-). If you tweet the hashtag is #NNM - National Nutrition Month