I was reading about miso the other day on NPR and was amazed at how healthy it was and also how many different recipes you could do with it not just miso soup. Here are some cool facts - It is high in manganese, zinc, phosphorus and copper, along with protein and dietary fiber. In fact, one tablespoon of miso carries 2 grams of protein — sort of a "super condiment." - Miso an Ancient Solution to Modern Meals
I saw a great marinate recipe for halibut and also a great salad dressing here is my fish recipe with a few tweaks and with salmon.
- 2 portions of Wild Alaskan Salmon
- 2 tablespoon of white miso paste
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- a few black sesame seeds
- a dash of sake
- mix the marinate and soak the salmon in it for 30 minutes to one hour
- then poach in a little olive oil for 10 minutes
- serve with Japanese rice and vegetables
- enjoy this wonderful and simple meal, with a great depth of flavor
Has anyone got any creative recipes with miso to share?