So this Sunday I decided to make muffins with my little helper, the process was fun but the muffins were a fail, hubby threw his in the bin :-(, but me being me went straight back into the kitchen to make myself feel better and made a simple blueberry cake to get the horrid hard muffin taste out of our mouths! Pleased to say the cake was a big success soft, moist and was eaten in no time. I want to encourage those like me who struggle with baking not to give up, say after me I will be a good baker :-)
- 4 oz self raising flour
- 4 oz butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz sugar
- 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- one teaspoon of vanilla essence
- powdered sugar for dusting
- cream the butter and the sugar
- add the eggs, flour and vanilla
- then stir in the blueberries
- add to a cake tin and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes until a knife comes out clean
- enjoy warm with a cup of tea!!
What advice do the awesome bakers have for me?