This is a simple chocolate cake with a fun coconut icing reminding me of Bounty another British chocolate bar :-), its coconut wrapped in chocolate. So much fun to try and make cakes that taste like candy bars.
What's your favorite, I remember at a doctors office I worked at in the North Carolina mountains they made a mountain dew cake so good. Remember all in moderation!
- 4 oz of self raising flour
- 4 oz of butter
- 4 oz of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-2 tablespoon of cocoa
- about 1/4 cup frozen -defrosted shredded coconut or you could use dried
- about 1/4 cup icing sugar
- a little water to mix icing
- cream the butter and sugar
- add the eggs, flour and cocoa
- and bake at 350 for 25 minutes until a knife comes out clean
- for the icing mix the coconut with a little water and the icing sugar till you get a thick consistency
- spread onto the cake when its cool, I must confess I didn't wait and ate it warm and gooey :-)
finally here is a cool little fruit/ice cream stand toy we got for Jasmine :-) couldn't resist getting it