I love cupcakes, fun to make and now our toddler is getting into baking its so much fun. I just got her a little apron and she happily sits on the counter top and turns on the mixer :-) and little cakes that need decorating are great. My Mum has also made a couple of cakes here with her, much to her delight. I will miss my parents so much when they leave tomorrow.
As we enter the new year and reflect often making resolutions as a dietitian here is my two cents be kind to yourself and realistic. If you don't normally go to the gym maybe once a day may be tough find activities you enjoy. The same applies with food while its wonderful to strive to eat better in the new year a little cupcake here and there doesn't hurt :-) its all about balance
- 4 oz of self raising flour
- 4 oz of butter
- 2 eggs
- 4 oz sugar
- about 2 -3 tablespoon of powdered confectioners sugar for icing
- a few m and m's or sprinkles to decorate
- a dash of vanilla
- cream butter and sugar together
- then add eggs and flour
- add to baking cups and bake at 350 for 10 minutes until firm spread onto cupcakes and add sprinkles
- for the icing mix icing sugar with water to form a thick
I saw this lovely question today on Melinda's blog and wanted to ask ......
What are you most looking forward to in 2011?