I recently started tweeting with Marc from the Netherlands he has a fun food blog that often features the families adorable bunny rabbits and his kids in the Kitchen. I couldn't resist asking him for a guest post on a Dutch recipe. As I am always so eager to learn new recipes from around the world!
Be sure to check out his blog Grill Adventures by BroadcastMarc
Last week I was asked by Rebecca to do a guest post about traditional “Dutch” food
I'm 43 years old dad, father of 2 boys,and husband of a lovely wife.
I like to photograph,cooking and grilling year round.love to cook with the kids.
I start the blog http://broadcastmarc-grilladventures.blogspot.com/ in april 2010 after reading about outdoor cooking.
We love to do things outdoor and enjoying it very much, and will share this adventure with other people around the world.
In the Netherlands we eat a lot of potatoʼs with all kind of vegetables, like
fennel,cauliﬂower,leek and off course Brussels-sprouts.
Now this is a typical “Dutch” healthy dish.Itʼs full of vitamins.
I made a nice stew of the Brussels-sprouts with potato and bacon.
Ingredients for 4 persons.
- 500 gr Brussels-sprouts
- 500 gr potatoʼs
- 250 gr bacon
- 1 tsp nut meg
- sea salt to taste
- Cut off the end of the sprouts,and peel off the brown leafʼs and rins them in clear
- Peel the potatoʼs and cut them in 2 parts.
- Cook the potatoʼs with a pinch of sea salt.
- Do the same with the sprouts.
- Make sure that you cook the sprouts not too long....if you do, the sprouts are gonna
- smell awefull (sulfurous odor).(Thatʼs why children mostly not like sprouts)
- In the meanwhile bake the bacon.
- Put everything together in a large bowl and mix well...