The other day I posted a fun question on the facebook page
"What are your favorite kitchen tips?"......, they were so good I had to share feel free to add yours below...
- Heather Walters A dull knife is the most dangerous thing in your kitchen.
- @YouCanCookThis Kate Knowles -Peel butternut squash with a veg peeler. It doesn't look like it would work but it does. Or did everyone know that?
- @MikeLok Mike Lok Use it? :-) - Or, buy oils in bulk (5/10 litres) decant into glass pourers to use, 1/4 of the price.
- @RandomCuisine Victor Don't coat chicken breasts with cayenne pepper and cook it in a skillet without any oil. hahah
- @Cornabys Cornabys Keep sharp objects out of the sink and the dishwasher. In the sink they'll ruin you, in the dishwasher you'll ruin them.
- @bossmomonline Portia Mount everything tastes better with Panko! I'm obsessed with it.
- @RellaBellaK Rella Kaplowitz Use a paper towel to help peel the skin off of roasted beets (can't remember where I learned that but it works!)
- Lynn Landry Clean as you go. And stop using sponges. use this instead: Skoy!
- @gettanvi Tanvi Srivastava Soaking the garlic pods in water for 10 minutes makes it a lot easy to peel them
- Amy Jennifer Stone Byrd I freeze broth and wine in icde cube trays to use later on in soups and sauces. It stores better in zip bags that way and I can use a little or a lot.
- John Switzer always have someone else taste the cream,if you think it's bad
- Cool Lassie Always start with a clean sink. I am a happy cook when my kitchen sink is free of dirty dishes!
- Sarah Reid Clean as you go!! It annoys the heck out of me when my mom cooks since she's the "leave till later" kind.