I love one pot meals so hence the addition of the vegetables, again not very traditional. I added Worcestershire Sauce to it, love this stuff maybe I added a wee bit too much as Jasmine wasn't so keen. Can you believe this sauce has been made since 1897 its a British Classic.
- one pack of lean minced beef
- one small onion chopped
- 4 cloves of garlic
- one cup mixed frozen vegetables
- 2 carrots chopped
- one cup of gravy
- 5 medium potatoes to make mashed potatoes
- 2-3 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- boil the potatoes until soft mash them and keep to one side
- heat some olive oil and saute the onions, garlic and beef for 10 minutes
- then add the vegetables, sauce and gravy and simmer for about 20 minutes
- add the mashed potato to the top and bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes
Hubby liked it and took it to work and his colleagues approved I think they always sample what I cook!
there is my precious pot again!
So do you call it Shepherds pie or Cottage pie!