I was in the mood for cake the other day, well always am!, I wanted something light and easy to make, so I made a simple Victoria Sandwich a British sponge cake with strawberry jam in the middle. It didn't last long and hubby is asking for another one!
- 4 oz of self raising flour
- 4 oz of butter
- 2 small eggs
- 4 oz of sugar
- cream the butter and sugar add the eggs
- then mix in the flour little by little
- bake in the oven at 350 for 25 minutes
- when cool, slice in half fill with Jam and sprinkle with icing sugar
I think I may need to use 60z of each next time as my tin was large so it looked a little flat but still very tasty!
Finally on to the giveaway, a few weeks back I started to write for a website that sells Gourmet coffee beans called Thatscoffee.com, the owner and his friends wanted to set up an e commerce website they are big coffee lovers so this was a nice fit. They partnered with a roaster that has green beans from around the world. When they receive your order, they roast them and ship the same day, now you can't get fresher than that.
So far we have tried the Kenyan AA, light and fruity and the Costa Rican both were excellent. For coffee to be at its best it is great to get it freshly roasted.
Chris one of the owners is offering to give the World sample pack and a pack of a coffee of your choice to the lucky winner http://www.thatscoffee.com/coffee-gift-baskets/gourmet-world-coffees
- Live in the US
- go to the site and choose a coffee you would like to try
- consider following them on twitter ( I am tweeting for them smile) http://twitter.com/coffeebeanstore and check out the coffee blog http://www.thatscoffee.com/scoop/ I would love to have some readers and fellow coffee fans!
- tweet giveaway if you wish to
- leave a comment I will announce the winner on Friday
Be sure to take a cup of coffee and slice of cake my dear friends!