Channa Masala is a wonderful curry made with chick pea's its packed with flavor and protein.
- one cup of pre soaked chick peas, I soaked mine overnight
- 3 small tomatoes
- 2 green chillis or red dried ones work well
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 3 cloves of chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon masala powder
- teaspoon cumin powder
- teaspoon coriander powder
- salt to taste
- teaspoon mustard seeds
- pressure cook the channa/chick peas for 2 whistles
- in another pan heat some canola oil and pop the mustard seeds, add the green chili, onion and saute for 3 minutes
- then add the tomatoes, spices and reduce down to a paste for 10 minutes
- add the cooked channa and a little water, salt and masala powder if desired, taste to see if more spice is needed.
Great with rice and green beans with coconut (recipe on the way) or chapatti.