I just adore roasting veggies it simple brings out the best in them, I made this last week the night before our trip and took the left overs on the flight, it was even great cold, and so much better than aircraft food!
- one medium eggplant sliced
- 4 large cloves of garlic
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- 2 tomatoes
- Tuscan villa herbs from Urban accent- love these
- 1/4 red onion
- roast the eggplant and garlic in the oven at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until soft with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- then boil the linguine for 12 minutes or until al dente and keep to one side
- saute the onion with the herbs and olive oil for 2 minutes
- add the tomato and let it reduce down to a paste for 5 minutes
- then toss the linguine with the onion and tomato and roasted eggplant and garlic
Garnish with Parmesan cheese, delicious!
Have you got a favorite recipe you take with you when traveling?
and finally a picture to make you all smile!