So I got my first Le Creuset the other day they were on sale in Williams and Sonoma I am thrilled with it, the first day I roasted a chicken not just any chicken a little Poulet Rouge. All in all it was a success but a wee bit dry maybe I cooked it too long. You know its funny I can cook elaborate dishes but when it comes to simple roasts I am stuck!
So the next day I made chicken fricassee with the left over chicken, this was one of my favorite dishes as a kid.
- any amount of leftover roast chicken
- 1 cup of milk
- one tablespoon of all purpose flour
- one tablespoon butter
- a little Italian seasoning
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1/4 of an eggplant chopped
- 6 mushrooms chopped
- one small yellow squash chopped
- one small zucchini chopped
- 1/4 green pepper chopped
- 1/2 red onion chopped
- a little white wine if desired
- a handful of snap pea's
- heat some olive oil add the onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes
- then add all the vegetables and saute for 10 minutes until cooked
- in a separate pan, head the butter slowly stir in the flour to make a roux then add the milk little by little stirring continuously, to make a white sauce, add some herbs
- then mix the sauce with the vegetables and the chicken.
We ate it with rice and steamed vegetables, would also be great with pasta.